Everyone’s catching on to the fact that exercise is good for you – but not everyone understands why. At Xtend Barre, we’re all about movement, empowerment, strength and community. From increased energy levels to better sleep, barre will improve your life far beyond aesthetics. If you’re in need of some exercise motivation, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here are seven reasons you should be moving your body right now.
- It makes you happy! No matter what your day has been like, it’s hard to walk out of an Xtend Barre class without a smile. Exercise jump starts your endorphin production and can help to lower your risk of anxiety and depression. It helps clear your mind, focus your attention and put you in touch with your body’s movements.
- Builds strong muscles and bones. But why is this even a desired result? Strong muscles allow you to do more things while preventing injury. They assist in heart health and boost your metabolism. Strong bones help protect your body – which is especially important through ageing!
- Improves sleep. When you do something during the day you’re proud of, your body feels a sense of accomplishment. Exercise has been shown to help you drift into that beautiful deep sleep by keeping your body in tune with its circadian rhythm.
- Lifts energy levels. After a full day’s work, working out can feel like the last thing you want to do. However, the more you build exercise into your routine, the more accustomed you become! Your body will get stronger and will therefore be able to work with more efficiency.
- Aids in mental sharpness. Did you know you can also train a strong mind? Exercise allows you to refocus your mind and think with clarity. It has also been proven to stimulate regions of the brain associated with memory and improve overall functionality.
- Reduces risk of disease. Regular exercise has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular fitness and body composition whilst simultaneously decreasing blood pressure and fat levels. AKA more of the good stuff and less of the bad!
- It’s fun! Finding an exercise routine that suits your schedule can be hard work, but once you do it’s so rewarding! We believe Xtend Barre is for everyone and we love the sense of community it creates. It’s more than a workout, it’s a lifestyle!